This role is fully remote anywhere within a 3 hour timezone of NY (EST)
Feel free to apply here or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re an SDR/BDR who loves building new relationships, understanding prospect needs, and is looking for a fast track to become an Account Executive, we want you to join Velma as a BDR. As one of the early hires on the sales team, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with the Cofounder and Chief Revenue Officer to help define Velma’s sales strategy and team culture.
If you’re looking for:
- A fast-paced early-stage environment where everyone on the team is highly driven, hard-working, and thoughtful.
- Immediate responsibility, ownership, and accelerated growth opportunities as we scale
- Opportunity to work directly with sales leadership and involvement in improving the sales process.
- Ownership (stock options) in a venture-backed startup.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive pipeline for the sales team by connecting with prospects at fast growing SaaS companies through email, phone, and social media.
- Lead discovery calls to understand prospect needs and goals to prepare for a product demo.
- Strategize and be a thought partner to our Cofounder/CRO, working together to test sales messaging, refine our value proposition, and execute our go-to-market strategy.
- Spearhead version 2 of our sales playbook, enabling us to scale as we build a robust sales team.
- Leverage Velma’s powerful network of unicorn company founders, executives, and industry leaders to establish connections to new customer accounts.
- Vigorously capture learnings from the market and serve as a cross-functional liaison, sharing insights between the customer success, sales, product, and engineering functions.
- Opportunity to own the full sales cycle from lead gen to close in your first 6 months, as we build out the broader sales team.
Who we’re looking for:
- 0.5+ years of SDR/BDR experience in a startup environment.
- You’re high IQ, intellectually curious, and intellectually humble. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know - but I’ll figure it out, fast.”
- You’re known for your work ethic. You pride yourself on being one of the hardest-working people you know and have a history of overachievement against targets.
- Aptitude to pick up product concepts and ability to clearly communicate them to a prospect (bonus if familiar with Jira).
- Experience selling to Director or VP level leaders (bonus if in Product or Engineering orgs).
- Positive attitude, energy, and desire to win.
- We’re a venture-backed team dedicated to reinventing how software teams coordinate. We’re using AI to automate and consolidate communication across SaaS companies, so everyone can spend time doing the things they love instead of getting bogged down by meetings. Our product is being used daily by unicorn software companies, and we plan to expand significantly in the next year.
- The founders are Penn alum - Lisa has spent a decade in tech and led Machine Learning teams at ASAPP and Justin was President’s Club in Sales at Bluecore. At Velma, we love the thrill of unsolved problems and get energized when entering new territory. Our mantra is intensity balanced with empathy. We make big bets with our customers in mind. We hold each other accountable but know when to make exceptions. We make tough decisions with honesty and transparency.
We support full remote work, and we want you to come grow with us.