This role is fully remote in anywhere within a 3 hour time zone of NY (EST)
Feel free to apply here or email email@example.com
We’re a venture-backed team dedicated to reinventing how software teams coordinate. We’re using AI to automate and consolidate communication across the company, so everyone can spend time doing the things they love instead of getting bogged down by meetings. We tripled in the last 2 months and are now a close-knit team of 9. Our product is being used daily by hypergrowth software companies, and we plan to expand significantly this year.
The founders are Penn alum - Lisa has spent a decade in tech and led Machine Learning teams at ASAPP and Justin was President’s Club in Sales at Bluecore. At Velma, we love the thrill of unsolved problems and get energized when entering new territory. Our mantra is intensity balanced with empathy. We make big bets with our customers in mind. We hold each other accountable but know when to make exceptions. We make tough decisions with honesty and transparency.
If you’re looking for:
- A fast-paced early-stage environment where everyone on the team is highly driven, hard-working, and thoughtful
- Immediate responsibility, ownership, and accelerated growth opportunities as we scale, including building out and leading the Customer Success organization
- The opportunity to work directly with the founders and ability to steer the direction of the company
You'll be working on:
Building out a scalable customer playbook as the first Customer Success Manager
- Maintaining a smooth customer experience for handoffs between sales and customer success
- Running weekly customer feedback & progress meetings as well as regular business reviews
- Communicating regularly with the product and tech teams to prioritize and solve the right problems
Elevating all our customer relationships
- Representing their best interests in company decisions
- Supporting them, helping them onboard, and managing their requests
- Discovering new pains and opportunities
Stepping into the shoes of the user to maintain user experience as we build and scale, including QAing major feature releases
- Minimum 2 years experience but open to all levels of seniority beyond that. Needs to be someone willing to get their hands dirty as the first CSM hire with the opportunity to build out and lead a team
- Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to thrive in an unstructured environment when there are many customers and moving pieces to track
- Strong communication skills to ensure all necessary information is shared internally and externally
- Empathy for the end-user and full understanding of their workflows
- Fluent in or ability to quickly learn Jira, Scrum, and project management best practices for enterprise SaaS
We support full remote work, and we want you to come grow with us.